Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introducing: As3UndoHistory

Ok, so I've released a first version of my little undohistory lib on google code,
go and get it here:
as3undohistory

You can pull the sources right from the SVN repository there. So far I haven't made a release package because the whole thing's fairly small anyways.

There's three projects in the repository, the actual library, a unit test project and an example application which showcases what the library actually does.

I have no idea how well the library scales, I guess registering a few thousand objects with each 50 properties and then changing each property say 200 times will eventually eat a bunch of memory. It might be worth a stress test at some point. But on the other hand, I wouldn't know how to record changes in a different way than this. But then again, I'm just a bonehead, so if anyone has a better approach to this kind of edit history recording, I'd love to hear it.

I'll be working on the documentation some more this evening I guess because, right now, its almost non-existent. Should anybody be interested in using the library, go ahead and please give me a yell should you find any bugs.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment